Creating and Managing Departments
Departments help you organize your Treehouse account, so it’s easy to manage enrollment and track team progress. Only Owner Admins can create Departments and appoint Department Admins, whom of which can invite and disable users as well as view statistics of everyone within their Department. As a best practice, we suggest creating Departments prior to inviting in your members.
1. Log in to your Treehouse account.
2. Select My Org at the top-right navigation
3. You’re in the Members tab by default. Select the Departments tab at the top of the page
4. Enter the name of your Department
5. If members are already part of the account, select one or more of them as Admin(s) of this Department. Search for and select their name in the Department Admin drop-down field(s). Your Department Admin(s) will be able to manage enrollment and view member progress within their Department only. (You may also choose to allow a single Department Admin to manage more than one Department.)
6. Select Add Department
From this tab, you can also view, edit, or remove a Department.
1. If you have already created Departments, you can invite people directly into the Department of your choosing by using the drop down list, when clicking on the Add Members button in the Members tab.
2. If you’d like to assign or reassign a member to a Department, after they have already been set up as a member in your account, go to the Members tab and use the drop-down menu under the Department column in the dashboard to change someone’s Department.