Inviting New Members
As the Admin of your organization’s’ Treehouse account, you control all member enrollment. Here’s how to quickly and easily invite new members:
- Log in to your Treehouse account. Select My Org from the top-right navigation.
- At the top of your Organization Members list, click the Add Members button.
- To add a single member, enter their email address and click Send Invitation. You may also choose a Department, to which the invited member will be added automatically.
- To invite multiple members, select Upload a CSV file, which will provide instructions on how to add members in bulk.
If the person you invited already has a Treehouse account, no problem! Just enter the email address they have associated with their account, and they’ll receive a confirmation email asking them to approve the transfer of their account into your business account. Once they accept the invitation, all of their progress (points, badges, etc.) are transferred over into the business account. If they’ve already been invited in with their work email, we’re able to merge accounts to transfer progress. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the top of the Add Members field, you’ll see the total number of seats available, being used, and the number of pending invitations. Invitations do not take up seats in your account until they are accepted by the recipient.
You can check your pending invitations from the Organization Members list.
Select the drop-down menu labeled All Statuses and change the filter to Invited. Your member list is now displaying only invited members who have not yet accepted their invitations.
To resend invitations, select invitations by checking the box to the left of each. Then select Resend Invitations from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Login as the Admin to your organization's account... Select My Org from the top-right navigation.
- At the top of your Organization Members list, search for the member you want to deactivate. You can search by name or email.
- Go to the drop-down menu under Status, to the far right of the member’s name, and choose Disable.
To deactivate multiple members simultaneously, select each member by checking the box to the left of their name. At the bottom of the page, Select an Action from the drop-down menu. Choose Disable Accounts.
When you deactivate a team member, they will no longer have access to Treehouse. If that person would like to migrate their profile and learning progress over to an Individual Subscription that is not associated with your organization's account, they may do so at any time by simply emailing: email@example.com
To reactivate a single member, follow the same process listed above, but choose the drop-down status Reactivate.
Reactivate multiple members by selecting the checkbox to the left of their names. At the bottom of the page, Select an Action from the drop-down menu. Choose Reactivate Accounts.